This project is supported by:
Joining Co. Longford C&V Forum
Some of the benefits for your group in getting involved in Co. Longford Community & Voluntary Forum include:
• Representation i.e. Social Inclusion Measures Working Group, Co. Childcare Committee, Longford Community Resources Ltd. etc.
• Local Government Planning: County Development Board, Strategic Policy Committees.
• Information on funding sources
• Training: Participate in training courses and workshops organised by Co. Longford Community & Voluntary Forum
• Discounted Insurance for Community and Voluntary Groups within Co. Longford.
• Networking and Information Exchange with other C&V groups within the County.
• Active Citizenship
Criteria for Group Affiliation to Co. Longford Community & Voluntary Forum
All Groups must:
· Be voluntary and community based.
· Have an adopted set of rules or constitution.
· Have a listed membership of at least ten people and be open to new members.
· Hold an Annual General Meeting at which Officers are elected as well as other regular meetings with records/minutes kept of these.
· Be an independent body, with its own decision-making powers, and not a sub-committee of any other group entitled to affiliate to the Forum.
· Demonstrate that they have been in existence for twelve months prior to completing Application Form (although this criterion can be waived by the Steering Group in certain circumstances).
Points to Note:
· An affiliated group that disbands shall lose its right of attendance and representation on Co. Longford Community & Voluntary Forum.
· Single issue groups with short-term task oriented focus or lobby groups shall not be entitled to affiliate.
· State or Semi-State Agencies will not be eligible to be represented on the CLCVF.
· Groups who have representative rights through other mechanisms will be most welcome to affiliate to Co. Longford Community & Voluntary Forum but will not be entitled to participate in selecting representatives to bodies to which they already have representative rights.
How can your group become involved?
You can download an Application Form here but if you have any questions, our Development Worker, Valerie Maguire would be delighted to hear from you. (Contact information below)